Pork Stew with Vegetables
- 3 pounds of pork loin cut into bite size pieces
- 1/2 cup of all-purpose flour
- Greek seasoning mix
- Garlic powder
- 2 tbs. of canola oil (you can also use vegetable oil)
- 2 cups of chicken broth
- 2 parsnips peeled and cut
- 3 large carrots peeled and cut
- 3 small white turnips peeled and cut
- 2 medium onions chopped into 8 or 10 pieces
- 3 large potatoes washed and cut into bite size pieces
- 2 garlic cloves thinly sliced
- Fresh ground pepper
Let's Get Cooking
- In a plastic bag combine flour, Greek seasoning and garlic powder. For spices I never really measure and use what I feel my taste buds might like.
- Add the cut up pork pieces to the bag, shake making sure that all the pieces are coated with the flour mixture.
- In a dutch oven or large pot heat up the oil. Add the pork and brown on all sides.
- Add the chicken broth and stir.
- Add all of the vegetables and don't forget the garlic. Add spices and stir.
- Bring everything to a boil then turn the heat down to a simmer, cover and let cook for an hour or until vegetables are fully cooked. Every once in awhile stir the stew.
- About fifteen minutes before serving, you can if you like, add any frozen vegetables.
- Serve with a nice crusty loaf of Italian or French bread and or a salad.