|Slow Cooker Beef Stew|
Slow cookers are such a great little appliance to own. The thing I like the most about them is that it doesn't matter what you cook in them everything comes out delicious. It must be because of the slow cooking and the way the flavors intermingle. You put it on first thing in the morning, forget about it, the house fills with alluring aromas, making you ravenous by the time it is ready to eat.
Well onto the recipe.
Ingredients I used for Beef Stew
- 2 pounds of stewing beef cut into small bite size pieces
- 1/4 cup of flour
- Slap Ya Mama Cajun Pepper
- garlic powder
- 1-2 tbs. of olive oil
- 2 cooking onions cut into chunks
- 2 garlic cloves chopped
- 1 large sweet potato washed and cut into bite size pieces
- 2 large carrots chopped
- 2 pinches of thyme
- 2 cups of beef broth
- 3 shakes of Worcestershire sauce
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 large can of tomatoes
- 1 cup of frozen peas
- I use a plastic bread bag or Ziploc bag depending on what I have handy to coat the beef with flour. Put a 1/4 of a cup of flour into the bottom of the bag and add a few spices. Today I used Slap Ya Mama Cajun pepper seasoning along with garlic powder. Add the cut up stewing beef and give it a shake to coat the meat with the flour mixture.
- Heat up a pan with olive oil and brown the beef. Add the browned beef to the bottom of your slow cooker.
- On top of the beef add the onions, sweet potatoes, carrots, a few good pinches of thyme, and 2 bay leaves.
- Mix 2 cups of beef broth with the Worcestershire sauce and pour over the top of the carrots.
- Add 1 can of tomatoes to the top.
- Cover and cook on low for 5-7 hours depending on how slow or fast your slow cooker works. Mine cooks faster than what most recipes call for.
- 1/2 hour before you're ready to eat add 1/2 cup of frozen peas.
- Serve and Enjoy!
Step by Step Photo Instructions
|Shake the beef to coat with flour in a bread bag or Ziploc Bag|
|Brown the beef|
|Put browned beef into the slow cooker|
|Add the onions|
|Add the sweet potatoes|
|Add the carrots|