Sunday, April 14, 2013

Cake Cookie Recipe

My family has been complaining that I never bake cookies anymore. Well I do but usually it's cookies for my two dogs. Today I had remembered someone telling me that you could make cookies from a cake mix and I thought perfect, I'll whip up chocolate chip cookies and make everyone happy.

The recipe I was following was way too hard to mix so I added a few extra ingredients to the and the cookies came out delicious. Yes I've been on a low carb diet and these cookies are a definite no no, but I had to taste them to make sure they were edible. I've only ate one so I figure I'm safe. 



Chocolate Chip Cake Mix Cookies


Cook Time
Prep Time: 10 minutes 
Cook Time: 12 minutes
Ready in:    22 minutes
Yield: 22 cookies

Ingredients needed for Cake Cookie Recipe


  • 1 box of Betty Crocker Super Moist Devil's Food Flavor cake mix
  • 1/2 cup of butter softened or 1/2 cup of margarine 
  • 1 large egg
  • 2 Tbs. of extra virgin coconut oil (melted and in liquid form)
  • 2 Tbs. of water
  • 1/2 cup of chocolate chips


Instructions

    Batter will be quite thick
  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
  2. In a large bowl add the cake mix along with the softened butter, 1 large egg, the coconut oil and 2 tablespoons of water. 
  3. With an electric hand mixer beat on low until all the ingredients are well mixed.
  4. Add the chocolate chips stirring into the batter.
  5. On a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper drop dough by the tablespoon onto the cookie sheet.
  6. Make sure to leave enough room as these cookies will spread.
  7. Place in the oven for approximately 11-12 minutes.
  8. Remove from the oven and let the cookies sit for about one minute before transferring them either to a plate or onto a rack to cool.
  9. Leave space as they'll spread
  10. ENJOY!

I'll be making this recipe again and again as the options are endless for all the different kinds of cookies you can make with one box of cake mix.









6 comments:

  1. Good idea Sue, I'm trying to figure out how I can pin this post on my baking board. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum!! These look delicious!! I can smell them fresh out of the oven now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those look absolutely delicious! I love how you changed the recipe and I think ya did good. Too bad we don't have transporter capabilities...I'd have you transport one to me...just so, you know, I can make sure they're edible. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this idea.

    I just bought French vanilla dough, will give it a try with the other ingredients.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well they say you learn something new each day...so this was a good learnin' day :-). I've never even heard of cake cookies - I use the kind you break off the block and bake:) lol.

    I bet the kids and Dave will thank you for sharing this one too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Christy. You were the one that originally told me about these :)You inspire me.

    Susan, They're so easy to make.

    Cyndi, To heck with cookies, I'll just transport myself and come visit you :)

    Ruchira, Please let me know how your cookies turn out with the French Vanilla.

    Kelly, My Sister in Law told me about these cookies and I had to try and make them myself. They were pretty good :)

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to leave any comments or questions you may have. Thank you so much. Susan

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...