The recipe I was following was way too hard to mix so I added a few extra ingredients to the and the cookies came out delicious. Yes I've been on a low carb diet and these cookies are a definite no no, but I had to taste them to make sure they were edible. I've only ate one so I figure I'm safe.
|Chocolate Chip Cake Mix Cookies|
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 12 minutes
Ready in: 22 minutes
Yield: 22 cookies
Ingredients needed for Cake Cookie Recipe
- 1 box of Betty Crocker Super Moist Devil's Food Flavor cake mix
- 1/2 cup of butter softened or 1/2 cup of margarine
- 1 large egg
- 2 Tbs. of extra virgin coconut oil (melted and in liquid form)
- 2 Tbs. of water
- 1/2 cup of chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a large bowl add the cake mix along with the softened butter, 1 large egg, the coconut oil and 2 tablespoons of water.
- With an electric hand mixer beat on low until all the ingredients are well mixed.
- Add the chocolate chips stirring into the batter.
- On a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper drop dough by the tablespoon onto the cookie sheet.
- Make sure to leave enough room as these cookies will spread.
- Place in the oven for approximately 11-12 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let the cookies sit for about one minute before transferring them either to a plate or onto a rack to cool.
|Batter will be quite thick|
|Leave space as they'll spread|
I'll be making this recipe again and again as the options are endless for all the different kinds of cookies you can make with one box of cake mix.