|Sausage Kale Soup|
This is a soup recipe that I found on HubPages but I made a few changes to the recipe. The entire pot disappeared before my eyes. Everyone loved it and once it was gone they were looking for more.
Ingredients needed for Sausage Kale Soup
- 1 pound of hot Italian sausage
- 1/2 pound of bacon cut into bit sized pieces
- 1/2 green bell pepper chopped
- 1 large sweet onion chopped
- 11 cups of chicken broth (I used water + powdered chicken broth)
- 2 tsp. of red pepper flakes or crushed chili flakes
- 5 cups of fresh chopped kale
- 4-6 cloves of garlic grated/pureed
- 2 pounds of potatoes of your choice cut into small cubes
- 1 1/4 cups of half & half cream
Instructions for Making Sausage Kale Soup
- Cut the bacon into small bite sized pieces and fry them up in a frying pan along with the sausage. Just before the meat is fully cooked add the onion, and green pepper. Cook until the meat is fully cooked. Drain and set aside.
- In a dutch oven or large soup pot heat the chicken broth. While the chicken broth is heating start to boil the potatoes. Cook the potatoes at a boil for 5-8 minutes, drain and set aside.
- To the chicken broth add the sausage, bacon, onion and pepper mixture. Stir.
- Add the chopped fresh kale, pureed garlic, and the potatoes. Stir again.
- Once everything is heated through slowly add the cream stirring constantly until the soup is almost to a boil.
- Serve and enjoy!
|Sausage, bacon, green pepper and onions cooking|
|Grated pureed garlic|
|Soups ready to serve and enjoy|
Kale is one of the healthiest vegetables you can eat.
Kale contains the following:
Vitamin K, A, C, manganese, fiber, copper, tryptophan, calcium, vitamin b6, potassium, iron, magnesium, vitamin E, omega-3 fats, vitamin B2, protein, vitamin B1, folate, phosphorus, and vitamin B3.
There are 36 calories in one cup or 130 grams of cooked kale.
Do you like kale?
Tools to Help You Along the Way