Friday, December 10, 2010

Pork Souvlaki Dinner


This meat will come out tender, juicy and full of wonderful flavors.

Have always loved this Greek dish and many times when we out and find a Greek restaurant we will order this dinner. Having a craving for Greek and not being able to get out I checked to see if I had the ingredients to make this dish myself. Not quite having all the ingredients but still wanting this for dinner I made it with what I did have. It turned out really good and here is what I did.

Ingredients

2-3 pounds of pork tenderloin cut into pieces
1 cup Lemon Juice
¼ cup Soya Sauce
1 tsp Oregano
4 Garlic Cloves
2 Onions
2 Green Peppers

In a bowl mix lemon juice, Soya sauce, oregano, 4 garlic cloves either chopped fine or pressed through a garlic press.
Slice onions and green peppers into large pieces.
Put your pork in the bottom of a large container for marinating and add your sliced onions and green peppers on top of the pork. Whisk your bowl of marinade really well and pour over the pork. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 ½ hours.

Set your oven on 350 degrees F.
Put your marinated meat and all ingredients into a pan that you can use in oven and under your broiler as after this step you will need to broil for about seven minutes. Leave in your oven for 45 minutes. Take out of the oven and set your oven on broil. Place oven rack on second rung down. Broil meat for 6 – 7 minutes.

Serve over rice with a side of vegetables and a Greek salad.

This dish would have been great with tzatziki sauce but unfortunately I did not have any yogurt to make it. However the meat did taste superb. 





Enhanced by Zemanta
Search Amazon.com for marinating tray

2 comments:

  1. hello Susan!! RNMSN (barbara b) here just to say hey and I bookmarked this recipe and hubby agrrees it looks yummy!! Can't wait to try it both versions but as I said, no open fires in the desert yet and we cook over open flame only ;) I will get my David one of those BBQ pans!!thank you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much Barbara, I hope that you will enjoy the recipe as much as I do.
    Susan

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to leave any comments or questions you may have. Thank you so much. Susan

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...