|Black Bean Casserole|
Lately I can't seem to get enough black beans. About a year ago +Marisa Hammond - Olivares encouraged me to try black beans, and ever since I include them frequently in my meal planning.
Last night I wanted a side dish and this is the recipe that I came up with. I only wish that I had made more. Next time I'll be doubling this recipe.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
- 1 19 ounce can of black beans rinsed
- 1 small onion chopped
- 1/4 tsp. of cilantro flakes (use fresh if you have it on hand)
- 1/4 tsp. of ground cumin
- 1/2 cup of salsa
- 1 1/2 cups of grated cheese (I used a mixture of old cheddar and jalapeno cheddar)
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a medium size bowl combine the beans, chopped onion, cilantro, cumin and salsa.
- Gently toss the ingredients and transfer to an oven safe dish. (I used a glass loaf pan)
- Top with cheese and pop into the oven for 30 minutes.
- Remove from the oven serve and ENJOY.
|Out of the oven and ready to enjoy|
More Black Bean Recipes
Thanks for visiting and have a great day.