Monday, April 1, 2013

Ham with Pineapple

I don't know why I have such a mental block when it comes to buying pineapple for ham, but I do. This Easter luckily I remembered on Saturday that I hadn't picked up the canned pineapple slices. My husband was going to the store so I asked him to get a can.

Sunday afternoon I start to prepare the ham to go into the oven and I grab the can of pineapple. Pineapple Tidbits! What the heck am I going to do with tidbits? Whats wrong?, asks hubby. I show him and he says, Well the picture on the can shows slices. All I kept thinking was, Geez this is going to take  a lot of toothpicks.

Ham with Pineapple Tidbits.
Time to improvise. I cooked the ham, and just before taking it out of the oven I heated up the tidbits
with a small amount of the pineapple juice in a saucepan. Normally I make a glaze with Dijon mustard and brown sugar, but since there was enough sweetness in the pineapple juice I omitted the brown sugar and stirred in 3 tablespoons of Dijon mustard. I brought this to a boil and when I removed the ham from the oven I poured the tidbit mixture over the ham. Then I let the ham sit for about 15 minutes before slicing.

Dinner turned out and everyone enjoyed.

Thanks for stopping by and have a great day!
Post a Comment
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...