Thursday, March 13, 2014

Flash Fiction Challenge -March 12

The following 99 words are for a flash fiction challenge over at Carrot Ranch.

The prompt for this week is to write 99 words, no more and no less, about someone that has had to part with a prize possession. Charli is taking submissions until noon on March 19th, 2014. 


hotblack via MorgueFile 


Looking at the older couple in the hawk shop brought tears to my eyes as I overheard them discussing what they could get for the woman’s diamond that she was toying with on her wedding ring finger.

From what I could gather they had just lost their home due to a fire, and had nowhere to go. Selling the diamond was their last hope for somewhere to stay that night and for a bite to eat.


In my heart I wanted to help but didn't want to interfere, afraid that their pride would be shattered. Then I spoke up.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave any comments or questions you may have. Thank you so much. Susan

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...