Friday, January 30, 2015

Whiteouts - A Flash Fiction

 Wikipedia [GFDL (http://www.gnu.org/copyleft/fdl.html) or CC-BY-SA-3.0 (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/3.0/)], via Wikimedia Commons



Hands clenched around the steering wheel, knuckles white, and heart pounding with fear.

Flurries were forecasted this afternoon but not total whiteouts.
I should have stayed at school.

Wanting desperately to pull over as I couldn't see a thing in front of me, I kept hearing a little voice in my head saying, “No one will see you and you'll get rear-ended for sure.”

Suddenly I saw tail lights from another car and followed it until I could no longer see them.

Winds were strong, and I was fighting to keep my car on the road.


Whiteouts finally cleared. 




This is a post for a Flash Fiction Challenge over at Carrot Ranch. If you or someone you know likes to read or write flash fiction please stop by and join in on the fun and many challenges. Each week on Wednesdays +Charli Mills provides us with a new flash fiction challenge. This weeks prompt is to write a story of disorientation in 99 words (no more, no less).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave any comments or questions you may have. Thank you so much. Susan

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...