I improvised. I made chili instead.
|Chicken Beef Chili|
Why chicken and beef? Last night for dinner I'd made two roasted chickens and we had a bit left over. The ground beef seemed a little sparse so I cut up what was left from the roasted chicken and added that to the pot. One thing about chili, you can add just about whatever you want and it always seems to taste great.
Ingredients for Chicken Beef Chili
- 1 pound of ground beef fried and drained
- 1 Tbs. of vegetable oil
- 1 medium onion diced
- 1 shallot chopped
- 2 celery stalks chopped
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1/2 of a large green pepper chopped
- 1 can of diced tomatoes
- 1 can of Aylmer Accents chili seasonings tomatoes
- 2 cans of black beans
- 1 can of kidney beans
- 2-3 cups of chopped cooked chicken
Spices that I used
- chili powder
- garlic powder
- hot pepper flakes
- Tabasco Sauce
Let's Get Cooking
- Fry the ground beef in a pan seasoning it with a few shakes of garlic powder.
- While the ground beef is cooking prepare the onion, shallot, green pepper, and celery. Peel the garlic and set it aside.
- In a large pot or dutch oven add the vegetable and heat it.
- Add the celery, onions, scallions, and green pepper to the pot cooking on medium high, stirring occasionally until onions are transparent.
- Add the can of diced tomatoes and the Aylmer Accents chili seasonings tomatoes, and stir.
- Add your spices of choice.
- Drain the ground beef, and add it to the pot along with the chicken, and stir again.
- Drain and rinse the black and kidney beans. Stir them into the pot mixing everything well.
- Cut the cloves of garlic in half. Using a garlic press, press the garlic into the chili.
- Let everything simmer for at least one hour.
- Serve and ENJOY!
|Dinner is Ready Let's Eat|