|Butter Pecan Coconut Cake Mix/Box Cookies|
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Ready in: 20 minutes
Yield: 28 cookies
- 1 box of Betty Crocker Butter Pecan flavored cake mix
- 1/2 of a cup of butter or margarine
- 2 Tbs. of canola or vegetable oil
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 of a cup of sweetened shredded coconut
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit placing the oven rack in the middle of the oven.
- Line a baking or cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Add the contents from the box of the butter pecan cake mix to a medium size mixing bowl.
- Next add in the butter, canola oil, one large egg, and the coconut.
- With an electric beater on the low setting, beat all the ingredients until well mixed.
- Scrape the sides of the bowl and mix again to make sure there are no wet ingredients left. The cookie dough will be very thick.
- With a teaspoon scoop out the batter and gently roll in the palm of your hand to form a ball. Place the ball onto the cookie sheet lined with parchment paper. Gently push down on the cookie dough ball.
- Continue to do this until all the dough is used.
- At this point you can decorate the cookies with sprinkles, or as I did using 1/2 of a maraschino cherry for some of the cookies. If you do use the maraschino cherries make sure to drain them really well before using them.
- Bake for nine minutes and ten turn the oven off leaving the cookies in the oven for another 1-2 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and transfer the cookies to a wire rack to cool.
- If you are going to use these cookies for a dessert hide them.
|Ready to go into the oven|
|Cookies are ready to cool|
Thank you for stopping by. Please do come back and let me know if you made these and if you liked them.