Friday, October 18, 2013

FTSF and an Update to My Power of Positivity Post

It has been months since I participated in FTSF (Finish the Sentence Friday) but I hope to join back into the fun of these posts when I can.

Today's FTSF is:

The best part of my day is waking up to Folgers in my cup. That's the first thing that came to mind when I saw the sentence prompt. I know the commercial actually goes .... The best part of waking up is Folgers in my cup. Am I loosing my mind? Quite possibly.

The best part of my day is waking up. I am a morning person and  for the last twenty years or so have always enjoyed the peace and quiet at five am. It gives me time to plan my day, think about and reflect on things that are going on in my life.

If you'd like to join in on the fun of FTSF you can link up over at Janine's Confessions. 



As for the update here is what has been going on. If you haven't read the last few of my posts, I was diagnosed with lung cancer on October 8th this year.

I had five radiation treatments to the right side of my neck in hopes that it will shrink the swollen lymph nodes that are causing me a lot of pain. I've found out that I have Stage IV non small cell cancer, which is supposedly less aggressive than small cell.  I'll be starting chemo on November 1st. They are going to do another needle biopsy on the left side of my neck to determine if I can perhaps take pills rather than have intravenous chemo. Apparently 10% of people are able to take pills. But the results from the test take awhile to come back so I'll start out on the intravenous and if I'm one of that 10% then they'll switch me over to the pills.

From what the nurse told me yesterday I gather that chemo now a days compared to what it was like 23 years ago when I had chemo, is less likely to make you feel sick. This was good news to me as I wasn't looking forward to starting chemo. Not that I'm looking forward to it, but I am looking forward to starting the treatment in order to shrink the tumors in my lungs.

I also plan on purchasing some Grape Seed Extract and Soursop Tea. Both of these things are a natural way to fight cancer. I'm not looking for a miracle cure but I figure incorporating these two things into my daily diet can't hurt.

So that is my update and again I'd like to thank everyone for all of your support and prayers. Without all of you I think this would be so much harder to go through. My entire family has all been wonderful and supportive too. Having people all through the day that I can talk to anytime I want has really made such a huge difference. I was telling my husband yesterday that I think I'd be going crazy without my online friends.

So until next time I'm still swinging the bat, fighting as hard as I can, and staying positive.

Hope everyone has a fantastic fun and relaxing weekend.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave any comments or questions you may have. Thank you so much. Susan

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...