Here is my recipe for Apple Pear Sauce.
|Great as a dessert or to accompany meat|
- 3 pears pitted and peeled (combo of Bartlett & Japanese Pears)
- 3 apples pitted and peeled (I used Honey Crisp apples)
- lemon juice (I used the lemon juice from the little plastic lemons)
- Once your fruit is peeled, pitted and sliced toss it in a bowl with some lemon juice.
- Place ingredients into a medium size sauce pan and cook over a medium heat until the fruit is soft enough to easily mash.
- Remove from heat and place in a bowl to serve.
- Sauce can be served hot or cold.
I find that no sugar is needed as the natural sweetness from the fruit is sweet enough for me. However if wanted you could add 1/8th - 1/4 cup of sugar.
Great to serve alongside a pork roast or to eat as is for a dessert. I find I like this apple pear sauce on top of oatmeal as well for breakfast.
|Pork Loin Roast Sunday Dinner|
This Cuisinart saucepan is one of my favorite pans, especially for making applesauce.