Saturday, November 1, 2014

Ten Things of Thankful and Miracles Really Do Happen

Well today I got the results back from a CAT scan I had done last week. The technicians compared the results with a previous scan I had 4 or 5 months ago. It has been confirmed that all tumors and nodes are clear from not one lung but from both lungs. I'm doing the happy dance and am a true believer that miracles really do happen. I'm not sure how long I still have to go for chemo but will ask my regular oncologist who was at a conference today, in three weeks from now. The doctor that I did see today felt for lymph nodes in my neck (that is how the lung cancer was first found) and he could not feel anything unusual. 

Just over a year ago I was told that I had incurable stage IV lung cancer and that the prognosis was one to five years. Today I asked the doctor if what had happened to me was unusual seeing that all signs of lung cancer had disappeared and his answer was, "Very unusual." 

To read more about my journey with cancer please follow this link. 

I took Al to the fracture clinic this week and the doctor took off the cast and fitted him with an air cast. The air cast is causing him a bit of pain but he is in better spirits since getting out and getting some fresh air. 

Two of my sons helped get Al into the van so that I could drive him to the hospital and then they came back from work to help me get him back into the house. Al is trying to use crutches but since the good foot is sprained and the big toe is badly sprained he has a very hard time putting any weight on the foot. Thankful for having strong boys. 

Thankful that I'm still feeling good and hopefully will continue to. I normally have a few bad days after chemo but am praying that I can breeze through this for another three weeks so that I can take care of Al.

The chemo nurses were all dressed up like witches today for Halloween. They are such a nice bunch of nurses and to them I am thankful for all the awesome care they've given me.


My favorite nurse Jennifer
I'm thankful to the ENT doctor that sent me right to Newmarket to speak and get examined by a group of cancer doctors. He said at the time why mess around sending you to doctors in Orillia when we can send you right to the experts off the bat. 

Managed to get a double batch of dog cookies baked this week and am thankful my dogs love them.



The weather has been awful every time I go out to drive lately so I'm thankful when there is a sunny day even though its usually on a day when I don't have to drive anywhere. I'm really trying to get to 10 ..... can you tell. :)

Oh oh I signed up for the Nanowrimo for November. Like I really need to take on another project. Wish me luck, I'm gonna need it. Thankful I feel good enough to take on another project. There that's ten. I did it once again even if a couple were a little lame.

                                HAPPY HALLOWEEN EVERYONE 

I'm a cat in case you were wondering.

If you'd like to join in on TToT, please click on any of the following hosts to join in on the fun. You'll meet some wonderful people along the way, and find that you too can easily find at least 10 things to be thankful for each week.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave any comments or questions you may have. Thank you so much. Susan

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...