Saturday, December 13, 2014

Remission Rocks



I saw my regular oncologist, Dr. Anglin, this week and it was the first time I've seen him since my CAT scan back in October. He said to me the sweetest words I've heard in a long time. "Congratulations you are now in remission". 

Even though I was told by his colleague that the scan came back showing that the tumors had disappeared from my lungs they never said the word remission to me. For me this is the best early Christmas present ever!

Considering that a little over a year ago I was told that I had stage IV lung cancer, which was inoperable, in both lungs, and statistically had one to five years to live, with no chance ever of remission, I'm doing damned good!

I will still be continuing on with chemo treatments as there could be cells hanging around that do not show up on any scans. This is fine with me and we will continue on until my body can no longer take the treatments. 

This to me is worth not ten things of thankful but a million, zillion, trillion.


What are you thankful for this week? Link up by following any one of the hosts.

Our hosts are:
 Have a fantastic weekend all!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave any comments or questions you may have. Thank you so much. Susan

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...