Monday, January 28, 2019

Melancholy - Flash Fiction - Shards

It's been almost a year since I've written anything. Last year was a tough one for me but I made it through. I keep checking in over at Carrot Ranch to see if anything sparks my interest or I should say gets me out of this writers roadblock. For me, there's nothing quite like a flash fiction to pique my interest and get me back into the saddle.  

So here goes, and hopefully, I will be writing again more frequently. 


Remembering back sitting in a dark dingy room, my mind constantly thinking that all I wanted was to feel normal.

.No desire to eat or get out of bed but most of all I just wanted to be alone.

At times I would think so rigorously, try so hard to make sense of it all, yet concentration was impossible to come by and all I would do was escape into sleep. Darkness was my only friend and I welcomed it.

People would walk around me as if they were stepping around shards of glass.


When would this all end? 


This piece was written for a flash fiction challenge over at Carrot Ranch. Write a short story (99 words, no more, no less) about shards. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave any comments or questions you may have. Thank you so much. Susan

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...