Sunday, October 19, 2014

Ten Things of Thankful Feeling Like Wonder Woman


Last weekend I so wanted to participate in TToT seeing that it was Thanksgiving weekend here in Canada. But on Friday night what happened made it virtually impossible to participate. 

My husband had stopped to look at this guys basement. The blocks had been removed from the stairs and when my husband went to go down into the basement the stairs collapsed beneath him sending him falling onto a concrete floor 9 feet below. He broke his ankle in numerous places and broke the tibia bone in the same leg. The other ankle and big toe ended up sprained. 

Sunday Al had surgery to screw his ankle bones back together and he was released from the hospital on Tuesday. I am #1. thankful that he didn't do more damage to himself from the fall than what he did do. 

#2. Thankful that my mother in law is here to help me keep my sanity through all of this. 

#3. For Thanksgiving I cooked a 24 pound turkey complete with stuffing, mashed turnip, mashed potatoes, homemade cranberry sauce, veggies, and pumpkin pie for the family. It was different without Al home but everyone enjoyed the dinner. I did take him a plate up to the hospital the next day. P.S. The new stove is wonderful!

#4. Today is my birthday and I'm thankful that I've made it to 57 years old. It doesn't feel like my birthday though. I hear that my youngest son Garth is coming over to cook dinner for me and the family. Can't wait to see what he's making as he is a fantastic cook. 

#5. Always love the weather this time of year with all the colors, and thankful to live in a place where there are four seasons, even though I detest winter :)

#6. I made a seafood linguine this week and I'm thankful that it turned out so good. 
Crab, Shrimp, and Muscle Linguine 

#7. Thankful that I breezed through chemo last Friday morning and didn't stop one day to feel sick or sorry for myself. Normally I have one off day where I sleep all day. There wasn't any time for me to do this, this past week. 

#8. This upcoming week I have an appointment with an oral surgeon as I've been having problems with my teeth from the chemo. I'm hoping to start the process of dealing with the mouth pain. 

#9. Everytime I write or type number nine I think of John Lennon. Anyways I'm always so thankful for ears so that I can listen to music. 

#10. Once again I'm thankful for meeting +Lizzi R and thankful to +Cynthia Calhoun for telling me about this blog hop. 



I'm going to try and make it around to read all of the TToT posts but if I'm slow in doing so please bear  bare bear with me as things are a tad busy around here for me.  Happy Weekend Everyone. 

If you'd like to join in on TToT, Ten Things of Thankful, please follow anyone of the following hosts links and join in. 

Your hosts






No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave any comments or questions you may have. Thank you so much. Susan

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...