Friday, March 1, 2013

The Liebster Award




I have to thank Cyndi over at Pictimiltude for passing The Liebster Award onto me, I am honored, excited and now have to write 11 things about myself. I hate talking about myself! Thanks Cyndi. Passing this onto other bloggers is going to be easy but 11 things ...  seriously sheesh!  Okay well I'll try.

Here goes ...

1. I've always wanted to be a writer and have been working on it really hard for the past four years. +Brenda Barnes introduced me to haiku's and I love to writing them. Sometimes I'll take a picture and immediately start counting syllables 5/7/5 and before you know it I've written another one.

2. My sister in law is the one that pushed me into writing. I never thought that my writing was that good. +Christy Zutautas has been there all the way with me and I feel if it wasn't for her I would never have published anything on the Internet.

3. Cooking is one of my passions and if you follow me you can see that. I enjoy experimenting with food and when it tastes good I feel as if I'm in seventh heaven.

4. I'm a mother of 3 boys. I had twins first who are now almost 25 years old, and a third boy that is 20. It's no secret that I always wanted a girl but my boys are truly a blessing.

5. I'm happily married to a great guy that works too hard and too much but over the years I've gotten used to it.

6. I live in Ontario, Canada and I hate the winter. The first snowfall is nice and can be romantic but anything after that is a pain.

7. Moved to the USA when I was 14 and loved it there. Returned to Canada when I was 22, seemed liked the right thing to do at the time. I miss the mountains in Washington and California but someday hope to re-visit these two states that I once lived in.

8. Being criticized is something I don't like, but I guess no one really does. After stewing over it for a day sometimes two and look at the situation, a lot of the time I learn something from it. But I am a person that looks at both sides and tries to balance everything out if that makes any sense. Must be the Libra in me.

9. Basically I was an only child. I do have step-brothers and a step-sister that were in and out of my life from time to time. Long story, don't ask.

That's nine, and I think I'll stop here for now. If I think of anything else I'll add to this list.

Time for nominations and I pass The Liebster Award onto the following bloggers:


A Brand New Dad

Ain't Ya Got No Sense?

The Real Housewife

What Should I Have for Dinner Tonight?

Ramblings of an Undiagnosed Mad Women


7 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for the nomination. Ahhh the pressure. Now I better go write mine! By the way - my favorite part of these awards are getting to know others just a little more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Susan - I am SO glad we hooked up through HubPages!. You are a great writer and a great cook too:). I thank you so kindly for thinking of me...you're just the best!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yippee!! Congrats and you're awesome! It's great getting to know you a little more. ;D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for letting us have a peak into your life. I bet you do get sick of snow in Canada, but we are begging for it in Memphis. We are currently having a few flurries, which is the first we've seen in along time. Unfortunately, none of it is sticking AND it's Saturday which means we don't get a day off of school even if it does. :(

    http://joycelansky.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loved reading about you! Thanks for the honor.

    I really related to the one about stewing for a couple of days trying to see both sides. Much better than a knee-jerk reaction (which I have been guilty of... LOL

    So glad we are friends. And, I love your recipes and poems!! You are the best!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really love your website.. Great colors & theme.
    Did you develop this site yourself? Please reply back as I'm trying to create my own site and would love to learn where you got this from or exactly what the theme is called. Cheers!

    Here is my weblog Raspberry Ketone Diet

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks everyone!

    Rasberry Keytone Diet, I did not design this myself it can all be done through Blogger. When you have a blog site on blogger there are so so many template you can choose from. Then you can pick the colors, font etc. Hope this helps and thanks for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to leave any comments or questions you may have. Thank you so much. Susan

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...