Friday, November 28, 2014

Worst Meatloaf Ever


The other night I gave hubby the option of what he'd like for dinner. Big, Big mistake on my part. There are not too many things when it comes to food that I don't like, but meatloaf is one of them. I gave him the choice of hamburgers or meatloaf. He of course chose meatloaf because he loves meatloaf. 

Not having my regular ingredients on hand I improvised using canned tomato soup, tossed in a handful of chopped onion, an egg, some corn, breadcrumbs, spices and frozen corn. While it was cooking it smelled like it was going to taste pretty good, or as good as a meatloaf possibly could.

I brought Al's dinner up to him and waited for him to taste it before going back downstairs to grab mine. How is it I asked. It's good, it's okay, but you did something different to it. I took it to mean he wasn't that crazy about it. 

After eating mine (like I said I hate meatloaf no matter how I make it) I thought about throwing the rest out but covered it and put it in the fridge. The next dayAl asks if there was any left because he wanted it for lunch. He liked it afterall. For this I am thankful.

My son got creative when he dish
his up.


These two were hoping that they'd get the meatloaf :)

Bruce

Maggie Magz

I'm thankful for all the people that I've met through this blog hop. 

Last week at this time I felt dreadful but am happy that this has been a much better week.

Since becoming ill this blog hop has made such a world of difference to me. It gives me a chance to sit and think about all the things I'm thankful for each week, even though there are some weeks I don't participate. I've had people say to me how do you come up with five things let alone ten, I can barely come up with one thing to be thankful for each week. Some weeks sure it's hard but for the most part I find it easy.

Thankful that the Leafs aren't in last place so far this year :) 


Today is my 27th Wedding Anniversary and I'm so thankful that I can happily say that I am still in love with the fantastic, loving man that I married. I love him more today than I did that day. Happy Anniversary Al!

Even though the weather for today is quite cold out would you look at the temperature on Sunday! Woo Hoo high of 8c. Might get outside and go for a walk. 


For many years I had a hard time getting into the spirit of Christmas. Last year it came to me in December and this year in October. I'm thankful that I'm no longer that Bah Humbug person I once was.

Each year on our anniversary it has become a tradition for Al and I to cook a surf and turf dinner. This year since he's incapacitated I'll be doing all the cooking. I'm just thankful that I bought a few lobsters and stashed them in the freezer a few months back. I was able to find a small shrimp ring on sale at Walmart the other day along with a few steaks. PEI muscles will be on the menu as well. Looking forward to a great dinner tonight. Hey at least it's not meatloaf.

We've been watching Downton Abbey this week and we absolutely love it. Last week we watched all the episodes possible of Mr. Selfridge.  Thankful for Netflix.

If you'd like to participate in TToT, Ten Things of Thankful, please follow anyone of the following hosts links and join in. 











No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave any comments or questions you may have. Thank you so much. Susan

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...