Saturday, October 30, 2010

Caesar Salad

I know that so many of you have made Caesar Salad. It is one of my favorite salads to eat whether I am at home or at a restaurant. I have been making this salad for years and each time I make it I add something different or change the way I make it. Here is the recipe that my family and friends enjoy the most. Keep in mind that I am a true GARLIC lover.

Ingredients
1-2       Heads of Romaine lettuce
            Parmesan cheese
            Bacon Bits
            Croutons

Salad Dressing
            Garlic
      3          Shakes of Worsheshire sauce
      ¾ cup   Hellmann’s Mayonnaise (Not Miracle Whip)
     1 TBS   Lemon juice ( concentrate or fresh squeezed)
     1 TBS   Anchovy paste 
     1 TBS   Dijon Mustard
     ¼ cup   Extra Virgin Olive Oil
                  Freshly ground black pepper

Garlic cloves:  pressed. The amount of cloves you use depends on how garlicky you want your salad. For me I use 5 – 6 large cloves.

Press and squeeze the garlic cloves into a small bowl. Add extra virgin olive oil. Add lemon juice, Worsheshire sauce, anchovies, Dijon mustard, mayonnaise and freshly ground black pepper. Whisk all ingredients until smooth and creamy. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate until ready to use. I find that I can get two salads from this and it will keep in the refrigerator for about four days.

Wash and dry romaine lettuce then tear up into bite-sized pieces and place into a wooden salad bowl. Before serving your salad add your dressing mixing well as to coat all the lettuce. Add bacon bits, croutons and Parmesan cheese. Toss, serve and enjoy. I will usually also add one chopped tomato to this.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave any comments or questions you may have. Thank you so much. Susan

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...