I must admit at first it was hard to give up bread other than low carb breads, as before I used to have bread almost every day for lunch and breakfast. But if I can do it, anyone can. Occasionally I do have a small portion of rice or pasta, but never white. It has to be brown or whole wheat. Everyone in my family/household loves potatoes and I will cook them, but only for them. If I want potatoes I opt for sweet potatoes.
A friend of mine asked me if I felt healthier. A month into the diet I started to have more energy, feel better about myself, and yes by all means healthier.
Enough about me and my diet, here's the recipe.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 30 minutes
Ready after 40 minutes, which includes cooling time.
- 1 cup of almond flour
- 1/2 cup of brown rice flour
- 1/4 cup of ground flax seeds
- 1 1/2 tsp. of baking soda
- 1/4 tsp. of fine sea salt
- 1/4 cup of extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Tbs. of apple cider vinegar
- 2 Tbs. of liquid honey
- 3 large eggs beaten
- 1 medium banana mushed
- 3-4 large strawberries sliced
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease a loaf or bread pan with cooking spray or shortening.
- In a medium size bowl combine all dry ingredients mixing well.
- In another bowl mix the extra virgin olive oil with the apple cider vinegar and honey.
- Add the beaten eggs and whisk really well.
- Add mushed banana along with the strawberries and stir.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients mixing well.
- Pour the batter into your loaf pan.
- Pop into the oven for 25-30 minutes or until you can insert a toothpick into the bread and have it come out clean.
- Remove from the oven and cool for at least ten minutes.
- Remove the bread from the loaf pan and let it cool on a rack.
- Slice and ENJOY!
Thanks for visiting and please let me know if you try my recipe, and what you think of it.