Thursday, May 16, 2013

Banana Strawberry Low Carb Gluten Free Bread Recipe

I've been testing out new recipes for for a lower carbohydrate diet that I started on back in February. Before I get to the recipe I have to tell you that I'm having great success with this lifestyle changing diet. In the past three months I've lost to date a total of 24 pounds, and that is without any strenuous exercise.

I must admit at first it was hard to give up bread other than low carb breads, as before I used to have bread almost every day for lunch and breakfast. But if I can do it, anyone can.  Occasionally I do have a small portion of rice or pasta, but never white. It has to be brown or whole wheat. Everyone in my family/household loves potatoes and I will cook them, but only for them. If I want potatoes I opt for sweet potatoes. 

A friend of mine asked me if I felt healthier. A month into the diet I started to have more energy, feel better about myself, and yes by all means healthier.




Enough about me and my diet, here's the recipe.

Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 30 minutes
Ready after 40 minutes, which includes cooling time.

Ingredients

  • 1 cup of almond flour
  • 1/2 cup of brown rice flour
  • 1/4 cup of ground flax seeds
  • 1 1/2 tsp. of baking soda
  • 1/4 tsp. of fine sea salt
  • 1/4 cup of extra virgin olive oil
  • 1 Tbs. of apple cider vinegar
  • 2  Tbs. of liquid honey
  • 3 large eggs beaten 
  • 1 medium banana mushed
  • 3-4 large strawberries sliced


Instructions

  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. 
  2. Grease a loaf or bread pan with cooking spray or shortening.
  3. In a medium size bowl combine all dry ingredients mixing well.
  4. In another bowl mix the extra virgin olive oil with the apple cider vinegar and honey. 
  5. Add the beaten eggs and whisk really well.
  6. Add mushed banana along with the strawberries and stir.
  7. Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients mixing well.
  8. Pour the batter into your loaf pan.
  9. Pop into the oven for 25-30 minutes or until you can insert a toothpick into the bread and have it come out clean. 
  10. Remove from the oven and cool for at least ten minutes.
  11. Remove the bread from the loaf pan and let it cool on a rack.
  12. Slice and ENJOY!

Thanks for visiting and please let me know if you try my recipe, and what you think of it.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave any comments or questions you may have. Thank you so much. Susan

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...