Saturday, March 8, 2014

Silly On Sundays - Silly Dogs





HI and welcome to yet another SOS. Today I thought I'd talk about silly dogs. I've always thought my female dog was just being plain lazy by eating all the time while laying down. I worked at a dog kennel a few years back and never once did I ever see a dog lie down while mowing down on their breakfast or dinner, and started to think that Maggie Magz  had learned this habbit from my husband who loves to eat on the couch in front of the TV while in the horizontal position.


This video is of a Great Dane puppy named Jessie that is I think now around 16 weeks if I'm not mistaken. I've been watching her grow since +Dean Sault first brought her home. Don't tell my dogs but I'm in love with this dog, and think that she's the sweetest pup I've seen in a long time.





When you're a large or giant breed dog I can see the purpose of being in the horizontal position to eat as it's a long way to go to bend down to get at that food.

Now they do sell at the various pet stores or on amazon dog dish stools that grow with your dog. See what I'm talking about below.

Add caption


http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000M49QPO/ref=as_li_qf_sp_asin_il_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=9325&creativeASIN=B000M49QPO&linkCode=as2&tag=everythisusan-20

Sorry for the amazon mess above but I couldn't get the code to copy properly for some reason. 

This dog food bar stool will grow with your dog as your dog grows. It raises from 12 - 18 inches. This is great unless you feel your dog should lie down while eating. I'm exactly sure which way is healthier for the dog but I'd think the normal way to eat would be standing up for them. Now I understand that Jessie was tired this day that she ate in the video but for all you dog lovers out there this dog dish bar stool may be just the thing that you're looking for.

I would like to get a few of these for my pups but they're seven now and I don't really want to start trying to change the way they've been accustomed to eating all these years. 


While I have your attention, or think I do I must share a book that I'm almost finished reading. I have 20 pages left to go. You know how you know you're getting to the end of a book that you just love but know the end is near and you don't really want the book to end.... Well I'm finding this with Dean Sault's book called Ghost of Lost Eagle. This book is a western romance and I must say that it is the first western romance book I've ever read. It has not disappointed me at all. Dean is such a fantastic writer and I'm so glad to have met him. I can't wait to read all of his books. If you're looking for a great author to start reading I suggest starting with this one. 
http://amzn.to/1hWtpUy
This book is available in paperback or on Kindle. 

Be sure to stop by and see how the RealHousewife's old dog teaches owners a new trick. 

Thanks for stopping by today for Silly On Sundays. If you'd like to join in on this blog hop all I ask is that you share something silly yourself.

Have a Silly Sunday everyone!











No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave any comments or questions you may have. Thank you so much. Susan

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...