Monday, March 16, 2015

The Bully and Quick Thinking

When I was in grade 9, I was good friends with a new girl that had moved into the neighborhood. We hung together all the time and were pretty much inseparable. We attended the same school and lived a street over from each other.

After a few months Debbie started hanging out with this other group of girls that to me seemed like a bunch of trouble. When I refused to hang out with them Debbie became quite angry with me. She kept trying to start fights with me and threatened me constantly.


Debbie ended up in quite a lot of trouble after what happened in my true flash fiction for this week. 

------------------------------------------

By Jpogi at en.wikipedia [Public domain], from Wikimedia Commons


Terrified to answer the door, I thought it might be Deb waiting to harass me. When I didn't answer, she started calling, I know you're in there; I just want to talk to you.

Maybe she’d had a change of heart, her voice sounded friendly.  Reluctantly I let her in. What came next had me perspiring. 

Following me into the kitchen she told me she had her mother’s gun on her and planned to use it on me.

Go ahead, My Dad just pulled into the driveway. Quickly out the back door she fled.

Dad was still at work. 

--------------------------------------------

This post is for a Flash Fiction Challenge by +Charli Mills  over at Carrot Ranch. If you enjoy writing or reading Flash Fiction please come by and join a great group of writers.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave any comments or questions you may have. Thank you so much. Susan

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...