Friday, April 10, 2015

Never Give In - Flash Fiction




On the drive to the Doctor’s appointment my blood pressure must have been sky high.  I looked over at Al and said, “My cousin Sandy was diagnosed at the about the same age as I am right now and well … You know. “

“Stop worrying, it’s probably not that bad. But if it’s cancer they'll be able to operate. Come on you beat it twice before and you can do it again.”

The doctor walked in, introduced himself, shook our hands and said, “You have inoperable stage IV lung cancer in both lungs.”


No I’m gonna fight this.




My submission for this week is part of what I’ve been living with for almost the past two years. If you'd like to read about my ongoing journey it can be found on HubPages titled, My Battles with Breast and Lung Cancer. 

Join a great bunch of writers over at Carrot Ranch each week who write a 99 word (no more, no less) flash fiction from the prompts that +Charli Mills gives us. 







No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave any comments or questions you may have. Thank you so much. Susan

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...