Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Flash Fiction

The following 99 words are for a flash fiction challenge over at Carrot Ranch.

The prompt for this week is to write 99 words, no more and no less about the aftermath of an avalanche. I misread the prompt and you'll see what I mean once you read my 99 words. 



http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File%3A2007-02-15-CLB-Couloir2-1c.JPG



As we were racing down the hill I felt a strange and eerie rumbling going on as the earth shook beneath my skis. I looked over at my son who most likely did not hear or feel anything as his music was probably cranked.

Scared to turn my head but feeling I had to; I saw the white cloud approaching behind us.  Quickly I motioned to Allan that we were in big trouble.  Seeing the look of terror on his face we both knew deep within our souls that this might indeed be the end for both of us. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave any comments or questions you may have. Thank you so much. Susan

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...