Creating salads from this and that and with what I happen to have in the fridge is something I enjoy doing. This black bean salad is full of flavor and zip. Serve it as a side dish or eat it on its own.
- 1 can of black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup of chick peas or garbanzo beans, rinsed
- 1/2 of a red pepper sliced into strips
- 5 slices of red pepper for garnish
- 1/4 cup of sweet onion chopped
- 1/2 of a large tomato chopped
- 1 avocado peeled, cut into small pieces and sprinkled with lemon juice to stop it from browning
Ingredients for salad dressing
- 1 Tbs. of lemon juice
- 2 Tbs. of extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Tbs. of Dijon mustard
- 1/2 tsp. of garlic powder
- 1 Tbs. of red wine vinegar
- Fine sea salt to taste
- Put the black beans and chick peas into a medium size bowl.
- Add the red pepper slices, sweet onion, chopped tomato and avocado, and toss gently.
- In a small bowl whisk all of the salad dressing ingredients together, and pour over the salad.
- Top with red pepper slices.
- Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
Normally I would use fresh garlic cloves and press or grate them into the salad dressing. Yesterday I was a little lazy and used the powder instead.
|Black Bean and Barley Salad|
This black bean salad is made with
barley and is quite good. You can find
the recipe by following this link.
Thank you for visiting and I hope that you enjoy both of these recipes. Have a great day!