Monday, February 18, 2013

Low Carb Diet Journey


I've always thought that I eat fairly healthy until a recent trip to the doctors upon finding out that my blood test revealed that I need to watch my sugar intake. Over the past year and a half I have gained a few extra pounds that I know I need to lose.  I am convinced that once the weight comes off the blood sugar level will go back to normal as no one in my immediate family has ever had a problem with diabetes, as far as I know.

My husband has been on a low carbohydrate diet and the weight is melting off him so I've decided to follow suit and see how it goes along with cutting out all unnatural sugar.

The first thing I did after leaving the doctor’s office was to go to the health store and purchase stevia for my coffee and tea. I have to say this is the best sweetener I've ever had. With all the bad publicity that the artificial sweeteners made with Saccharin, Aspartame, cyclamate, sucralose, and acesuflame potassium get I decided that the best choice would be stevia.

Stevia is made from the stevia leaf making it an all-natural herb sweetener. All-natural, sounds good to me.
I am going to document my new diet plan, and if you’d like to you can follow me through it to see how it goes or cheer me on as I attempt to lose 20 pounds, maybe more. I should say lose not attempt to lose.

I started this last Tuesday and so far I’ve lost 4 pounds by cutting out bread, switching over to stevia in my coffee and tea and eating extra vegetables cutting out or eating smaller portions of white potatoes and rice.
I will post either recipes or links to recipes that I feel have helped me along the way to achieving my weight-loss goal. Later today I will post my recipe for sugar free applesauce along with some roasted sweet potatoes that I made last night.

Thank you for stopping by and have a nice Monday and a fantastic week!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave any comments or questions you may have. Thank you so much. Susan

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...