Monday, February 18, 2013

Sweet Potatoes




For months now I've been trying to get my husband to eat sweet potatoes and haven't had much luck until yesterday. He has tried sweet potato fries before upon my insistence but he didn't like them at all.

Last night for dinner I thought I'd just go ahead and make them anyways to go along with a lean pork roast, fresh Brussels sprouts, and homemade sugar free applesauce. He walked in and before I had a change to say, "Hands off that's for dinner", he was said "Wow these are really good sweet potatoes." Anyways I'm as pleased as punch knowing I converted him over to liking these delicious potatoes.

I only made one sweet potato that weighed almost a pound. So technically we didn't eat a lot of carb as this one sweet potato was shared by four of us. I never knew that my two sons liked sweet potatoes.

When I got on the scale this morning after writing my first blog post of the day I discovered that I'd lost another 1/2 a pound. So in six days my weight loss is at 4.5 pounds.

If you'd like the recipe for Roasted Sweet Potatoes or Sugar Free Applesauce please head on over to HubPages following this link.

Thanks for visiting.

1 comment:

  1. Hm. I usually don't like sweet potatoes at all, but if they got the approval of a non-sweat-potato-eating husband, maybe they're pretty darn tasty!

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to leave any comments or questions you may have. Thank you so much. Susan

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...